“The unexamined life is not worth living”
These words were uttered by Socrates, considered by many to be one of the greatest philosophers ever, moments before he was convicted for impiety and corrupting youth, and sentenced to death.
You need to take a step back and evaluate the kind of life you are leading in order to unleash your full potential and accomplish your greatest dreams.
When we start a journey to explore our inner self, we discover a plethora of unknowns about ourselves, others, and the world. We expose the illusions that we tell ourselves and others, the illusion that the world teaches us.
Questions are a very important part of your life and your spiritual journey. You can never have all the answers. There will always be unanswered questions. And this very pursuit of seeking answers leads us to have conversations with our inner self, to discover answers about ourselves.
During these conversations, make sure to take a pause, and listen. Listen carefully, at times the questions come from within. And you don’t need to worry about having the perfect answers. Instead, concentrate on the questions. Deliberation on the questions will ultimately help you on your path of spirituality.
When we listen closely, the world around us has a lot of messages to deliver. However, in the age of information, we are so overwhelmed and detached that we lose our capacity to really listen.
A strong platform to improve your listening skills is to spend a peaceful time in nature, rebuilding that primal intuition. In addition, begin by analyzing your conversations without judgment. Just listen and see where that’s going to take you.
Here are 10 spiritual questions to ask yourself right now.
- Where does my happiness come from?
- How do I want to be remembered?
- How frequently do I get angry?
- What are my deepest intentions?
- Do I cry or laugh easily?
- How do I move past unpleasant thoughts or experiences?
- How do I feel about the pace of my life? Is it too fast, too slow, or just right?
- How do I feel about my last mistake and what did I learn from it?
- What would I do differently if I knew nobody would judge me?
- What is one thing I could start doing today to improve the quality of my life?
Don’t be in a hurry to get all the answers at once. Take your time, be effortless in listening.